Free Valentine's Day Printables & a Cupcake. - Pretty Real

Free Valentine's Day Printables & a Cupcake.

4:52 PM


I wanted to tell you two things today.  Actually three.  One. I love peanut butter icing and it's super easy to make from scratch.  Two. I love free stuff. Three. There are two (probably many more but these two are my faves) amazing sets of free Valentine's Day printables available in the blogosphere and you need to know about them.




So first, my favorite from scratch peanut butter icing recipe:



Ingredients:
1/2 c butter
1 c creamy peanut butter (I use Peter Pan)
4 c confectioners sugar
1/3 c cream (I use whole milk)


Directions: 
In a large bowl, beat butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in 1/2 of the confectioner's sugar. Mix in 1/4 cup of the cream. Beat in the remaining confectioners' sugar. If necessary, add a little more cream or milk until the frosting reaches a good spreading consistency. Makes enough to frost one 2 layer 9 inch cake or one 9x13 inch cake.



Next up?  Amazing and FREE Valentines Printables.  I just love it when graphic designers share freebies!  You have no idea how much these sets below(let alone the adorable mini mailboxes I bought from Target for no good reason) are making me want to throw a Valentine's Day party.  This sweet aqua and pink set from Paige Simple Studio is only available for free until tomorrow.  After 1/31, they'll be for sale in her Etsy shop. In true Paige fashion, it's simple but with flair.  I just love it!

Visit here to download through 1/31.

This gorgeous and vibrant set is from Party Box Design.  I love the bold colors, fun mix of patterns, and sweet, or should I say tweet theme.  I'm not sure how long they'll be available so hurry up!  

Visit here to download.

Note: Sets are for personal use only.  Thanks so much to Paige Simple Studio and Party Box Design for these adorably sweet printables. Recipe courtesy of here.

And a couple more cupcake shots just because styling and taking these photos was my way of attempting to get out the party planning bug.  In case you're wondering, it didn't work.


And yes, I need to work on my icing skills (and supplies). I'm still using the plastic baggy with the corner snipped.  Shame shame.

Well if you either want to eat a cupcake or throw a Valentine's Day party (or both) my work here is done.  
Ciao!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe