It Tastes Like Chicken. - Pretty Real

It Tastes Like Chicken.

8:11 PM

I know Pinterest has made recipe posts irrelevant but I'm digging my heels in and posting about recipes anyway.  One thing I've noticed about recipes on Pinterest is that they A) don't seem to have been tested or have reviews and/or B) all say that they are the BEST "X" you've ever had.  I'm sorry, but sometimes (in fact, oftentimes) that's just not true!  So here are my top FIVE easy weeknight chicken recipes that have been tested and Joe and Tiff (and other family members) approved:

I should say this isn't necessarily the order I like them best. My "favorite" changes depending on what I'm in the mood for. And yes I know I said top 5 but then I remembered a Pinterest one that has made its way into the rotation.

1. Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu.  I've been making this for years.  In fact, I made it tonight and my husband (who didn't know I planned on this post) said "I think that's my favorite meal." Of course he says that about a handful of meals but I guess I'm insecure because I never tire of getting kudos when it comes to meal planning/cooking!
2. French's Crunchy Onion Chicken.  I saw the French's commercial for this last year and it worked like a charm.  It looked so yummy that I grabbed a box of French's on the next grocery trip.  And the one after that.  And the one after that.  To make this one even tastier (and more indulgent), pound the chicken to about a 1/2 inch thickness.  You have to increase the "batter," by about half but it's totally worth it.  mmmmm.
3. Easy Garlic Chicken.  I found this one on Pinterest.  If you don't like garlic this one is not for you.  But if you do, the few ingredients blend together just right.  And a bonus--you probably will always have these few ingredients on hand.
4. Rachael Ray Honey Nut Chicken Sticks.  This is another I've been making for years.  But I have to say it's the least "easy" of the six.  It's not complicated in terms of instructions; it just takes a lot of ingredients and a bit of blending.  It only takes 15 minutes to bake once you've put it all together and it's SO good.  As a side note I always use generic Honey Bunches of Oats.  (photo from here).
5. Monterrey Chicken. This is probably the newest addition to my faves.  I always ask my sister-in-law (who's great at sniffing out delish new recipes) what was her new fave and this is the one she mentioned.  Thanks sis!
6. Stove Top Sweet Citrus Chicken.  Another Kraft favorite.  And only a few ingredients to boot.  To clarify, by "Stove Top" it means the brand of stuffing.  It does require baking.  (photo from here).

I'm always looking for good & easy chicken recipes.  What are your favorites?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe