Nadia's Circus Party: Sneak Peek. - Pretty Real

Nadia's Circus Party: Sneak Peek.

2:09 PM

Ok, here's a little more than this cuteness, to feast your eyes on!  Although I have to apologize to those of you who are my "friends" on facebook, because you've probably already seen this shot.

Don't forget to click the image to enlarge it (or open in a new tab to enlarge it even more!)

These are a few of my favorite details from the party!  From left to right:
1. Fruit Loops.  Pretty late in the game the thought occurred to me that popcorn doesn't make the best snack for little ones!  After all, it's sort of a choking hazard.  I decided fruit loops would be more appropriate and super cute.  Originally I wanted to buy these.  They're adorable and match the party perfectly.  However, I don't know about you, but when I'm party planning, the closer to the party I get the more I start trying to STOP bleeding cash.  So I figured $2.00 cupcake liners from A.C. Moore would do the trick just fine! And I'm so glad I made that choice because I love how they turned out.
2. Ticket "cake"- I'll post more details about this one later.  
3. Treat cones with caramel popcorn. First I tried this recipe.  FAIL.  It was way too hard and candy-ish.  Then I went to my favorite source for recipes and tried this one.  Success!  I had a mommy brain moment when I printed the invitations.  I mentioned here that I would share that info with you.  Well I looked at the number of adults instead of the number of families and printed that many invitations (i.e. 50 vs. 2oish).  Silly girl.  I was so annoyed that I wasted the money that I wracked my brain to try to think of a way to use the extra invitations.  and Voila- favor cones.  I love turning a fail into a success.  And since I'm such a copycat I relish when I think of something I haven't seen before. ;)
4. Popcorn cupcakes (I used this cupcake recipe) in my brand new Ferris wheel cupcake holder.  These were super cute and easy to do (instructions here). But I have to say if I was to do it again, I'd use this template since the cake sort of shows through the liners and takes away from the popcorn look (in my opinion).
5. Centerpieces.  I planned to do this as a centerpiece but I couldn't find white or yellow carnations which was the flower I really wanted to use.  Instead of settling for a different type of flower, I decided to use mason jars I already had on hand (wrapped with twine I purchased from here), extra gumballs from the cake (to be shared later), and embellish the suckers with tickets.
6. Silverware.  I wrapped the silverware with napkins, jute twine, and more tickets.  

And that's it for now! I will post a comprehensive source list later so if you're wondering where anything came from, hang tight and I'll get you the information! 

Thanks so much to Jordan of The Smelly Life for photographing these details!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe