Toddler Room Progress: Chalkboard Paint and Zulily Lust. - Pretty Real

Toddler Room Progress: Chalkboard Paint and Zulily Lust.

1:29 PM

{via}
I am making progress on Genevieve's room. It's been a long, slow process!  If you remember, I bought her bed back in May of LAST YEAR!  I really need to make progress since Genevieve is only in daycare twice a week until the end of August.  As many of you know, it's near impossible to get anything done (especially painting) with a toddler (and an almost toddler) running around your feet!  I ended up jumping on the chalkboard bandwagon and doing a chalk wall in Genevieve's room- or I should say half a wall!  I've seen many rooms feature chalkboard paint and my inspiration room (which I'll share at a later time) had an entire chalk wall.  I loved the look and really wanted to try it.  Genevieve has chair rail in her room so I figured rather than do one wall I'd go under the chair rail around the entire room.  Then I started painting.  And man, chalkboard paint is dark.  Black. Very black.  And I just couldn't do it!  There is only one window in Genevieve's room and the lighting is quite poor in there (I plan to add a couple of adorable lamps I'll show you later!) so I just couldn't risk it being too dark.  I could just see my almost 3 year old suddenly filled with teenage moodiness and angst due to her dark and gloomy walls! Let's put that stage off as long as possible please.

So I still have a few areas to touch up before I reveal the walls...and the full room reveal will be in quite a while since I'm trying not to spend money on her room (and instead throw it at Nadia's party--with gusto).

And that's where the zulily reference comes in.  Oh my.  Did you see this event?!  I am in love with so many items in it!  And it would perfectly match Genevieve's new room!  Argh- why can't Joe and I be Beyonce and Jay-Z so we could spend a gajillion dollars on Blue Ivy's  our girls' rooms?!  Here are just a few items I'd buy in a heartbeat:






And here are some children spaces featuring chalkboard walls that make me doubt my decision not to paint the entire wall!


 {via}

{via}

{via}

So are you over the chalkboard trend?  Do you think I should have gone all the way?  Are you in love with Zulily?!  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe